I love how lush and green it is in Santiago now, a complete change from when I first arrived in August. There are some really nice parks around, and now that it's rather warm outside I've also become one of those people who prefers to escape to a bigger outdoor place rather than bake inside my tiny room in the casita that suffers from direct late afternoon sun.
Parks are a great place to people watch, and I've witnessed many different things while passing by this particular park. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of a Saturday morning exercise class or ride by on my bike when they're watering or sweeping up trash from the night before. I've seen both people and dogs swimming in the "pool" out front and boyfriends and girlfriends engaged in PDA that might make you folks back home feel a tiny bit uncomfortable.
There's a cafe literario in this particular park, and it's a great place to go when Starbucks isn't calling my name. It's a library with an indoor/outdoor cafe with wifi and I love the relaxed environment compared to the libraries at home. Yes, I can actually sit and drink a coffee or a soda here and not be scolded for bringing in a water bottle like I commonly was at my old library. I actually remembered to bring my camera the last time I decided to take a stroll, and yes, I have been watching a lot of Friends re-runs here!
No comments:
Post a Comment