Saturday, March 26, 2011

Animal Moments

I've already posted disclaimers about my lack of crazy cat lady-ness, but it's no secret that I really miss my little guy. I think he misses me too, as evidenced by his curiosity with my voice when I'm talking to my mom on Skype or when she has me on speakerphone. He starts rubbing his little whiskers against the phone and purring, while staring at the receiver with a very confused look due to his curiosity about where my voice is coming from...
Sometimes when I'm walking home from class at night and spacing out, I'll think about Cameron and often times feel guilty about leaving him for so long, and to comfort me momentarily a random kitty will pop out of nowhere on the street or from a tree up above and give me a reassuring meow.

A random favorite photo of mine that I knew would fit in somewhere
This semester my night class in on the other side of the city, so my new route has me getting off the bus and returning from the opposite side. You'd think I'd be smarter than the dog, but it never fails, this guy scares the crap out of me every time. He's black so I never see him, and he hides on the step until I turn the corner and then sneaks around behind the cars to the gate just as I turn the corner, ferociously bouncing up and down like a pogo stick. Seriously, this little guy can catch some air, and I don't think this video captured any of his record jumps, in fact this time he kind of looked at me like, "Why are you stopping for film footage lady? I'm much more confident in my terrorizing skills when you just keep walking by."

1 comment:

  1. Oh cats! I always miss mine when I leave him. I missed him in Chile and now in Costa Rica. I just wish cats were better travelers, but they aren't at all!

    ReplyDelete