Friday, June 26, 2009

Here's what I won't be eating for dinner...

At our lunch banquet today we saw the "whole fish" on the plate including the eye. The eye is edible and the Chinese say that its consumption will improve your own eyesight!  I think I would rather eat the fish eye than the things pictured here.  The smell at this street market was so overwhelming that I had to step away.  Some of the items not pictured were: fried silk-worm, sheep kidney, and chicken heart.  Thankfully today our Chinese hosts at the Beijing Language and Culture University fed us some delicious dishes that did not contain any of these!

2 comments:

  1. How was your visit at BLCU? My daughter studied Chinese there, and had a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLCU was great! We had a great reception and a great exchange with the foreign language teachers there over a banquet lunch. One of the teachers that we met will be doing an exchange in the US next year so we also gave her some pointers! Thanks for following along on my posts.

    ReplyDelete