Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Family Time

Sorry for the lack of updating lately, I was fortunate enough to have 3 sets of visitors to come to see me in Chile so I've been super busy since Christmas enjoying the summer here with friends and family. As you saw in earlier posts, one of my super bff's and her hubby came to visit me over their winter break. We brought in the New Year properly and then they made their way back to the States in time to start their respective second semesters.


A week after M and J left, the other M and J came down, my mom and step dad, that is. My step dad had bypass surgery in June so it was great that we were able to hike all the way to the top of Cerro San Cristobal...


We also took the tour and tasted some wine at Cousino Macul...


Then my Aunt Dawn and Uncle Tom came and we maximized the space in the casita...


Ita and Sole put together a delicious meal to welcome them...


And then the guitar playing and singing began...


Even Otto joined in...


The next day we climbed the other cerro, Cerro Santa Lucia...


The view from one cerro to the other...You can even still see a couple of snow capped mountains lingering in the back drop...


I feel very lucky that my friends and family were able to come all the way down here and share this part of my life with me, and in two weeks I'll be re-joining my aunt and uncle down in Punta Arenas for the next phase of the adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Heather!

    Thanks so much for sharing your adventure! In a week, I'm leaving for Buenos Aires to travel, then I'm going to be staying in Santiago to teach English. It's really comforting to read blogs of expats who are surviving in Chile. :) It's exciting your friends have family have been able to visit you. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie-

    Thanks for reading and commenting! I remember being in a similar situation and reading all the Chile blogs to self-soothe a little. ;) You´ll love it here, no worries!!! Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, It's great to read your adventures and see you pictures! Must be nice to be enjoying summer right now! :) I feel very fortunate to have met your Mom and Step Dad and Aunt Dawn and Uncle Tom this summer! Such wonderful people, and how great that you have all been able to meet up in Chile! Hope you all enjoy your future travels together and tell them I say HELLO!
    Cheers!
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amie-
    Summer is awesome! Thanks for reading and it's exciting hearing about your plans as well. I will definitely tell them all hello for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete