One of the most entertaining aspects of our time in China was the botched translations that we all looked forward to reading everywhere. There are actually books of "Chinglish" signs that you can purchase there. Mostly they amount to inaccurate translations that could have been much more simply stated. We had so much fun with these that it was actually disappointing to be in Hong Kong where you can find proper British English everywhere. I'm pretty sure the one posted here should just say "Keep Off".
Read more about Chinglish here.
Do not stampede...I love it! I have a blogger friend who went to China recently and photographed a few signs with linguistic oddities. That's exciting that you are going to Chile! I'll probably be there by June.
ReplyDeleteHi Annje-
ReplyDeleteIt was really entertaining and became a competition of sorts amongst the group to see who could find the funniest signs. I probably have about 50 pictures that still make me laugh!
I'm still catching up on your older posts but your blog is great. It's been so informative and inspiring to read about everyone's connections to Chile.