In a group of 16 women, one of our most enjoyable activities is to experience the art of foot massage in each new city. So far I have had 3, and each time it seems to be better! In addition to the relaxation, perhaps the best aspect is the affordability. The best foot massage that I had was about 70 minutes in length for the low price of 40 yuan or about $6-$7. There is no need to feel guilty about having multiple foot massages because they are so affordable! If I lived in China I am sure I would get one at least once a week.
Some of the rooms have about 15 comfortable chairs with ottomans so you can also lie back and chat away with your friends. They usually begin with a foot soaking bath while they massage your neck, back and shoulders and sometimes your hands as well. When your feet have finished soaking, they will begin to work on all of the specific acupressure points on your feet. This feels great after a long day on your feet, but if the person is very skilled it can also be a painful experience! Finally, they will massage your legs and by this point it is difficult to stay awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment